Are you in search of how you could immigrate to the United States?
If you are in search of information on how you can begin your application for the American Visa Sponsorship, Then you stumble on this article at the right time because this article will give you detailed information on everything you should know about moving to the U.S. through the American Visa Sponsorship Program and getting a Green Card.
It is not surprising that USA is one of the best countries to move to and begin a new life as it operates one of the best economies in the world and gives both citizens and non-citizens the opportunity to enjoy good quality of life.
This makes moving to the United States a step in the right direction. Whether you are going there to work, live or study, the United States is definitely a place you would love to be.
But now the pressing question is, how do you move to USA through the American Visa Sponsorship Program?
Let’s not make haste to talk about that, let us discuss a little about the American Sponsorship Program, so as to broaden your knowledge.
About The American Visa Sponsorship Program
The American Visa Sponsorship Program can also be called the Green Card Visa Diversity Program. This is a program the gives immigrants the opportunity to live, work and also study in the United States legally. With the Green Card program immigrants are opportune to bring their family members along with them to the United States.
The American Visa Sponsorship Program is an official program and it is sponsored by the US Government to offer immigrants a legal opportunity to immigrate to the U.S. to live and work.
But before going forward to apply, you will have to be sure to check if your country is among the eligible countries for the program and this is as a result of the consistently changing status of some countries.
More than 50,000 immigrants are picked from around the globe and this is a random selection carried out on the computer.
Benefits of the American Visa Sponsorship
In this section of this post, we will be looking at some of the benefits of immigrating to the United States through the American Visa Sponsorship whether you are going there to work, study or live.
- Better career opportunities
The Visa Lottery program gives you the legal opportunity to work in the United States and you can work for any employer or organization in the U.S. With this program you are not restricted to work for a particular employer or in a specific job position.
As a Green Card holder, you are also free to establish your own business in the country.
- Less tuition fee for international students
Are you looking forward to studying in USA? Good news is, you can also go through the American Visa Sponsorship program since international students are allowed to pay less tuition fee as an American citizen.
Normally, International students in USA pay high tuition fees compared to American citizens and permanent residents but with the American Visa Lottery program, you will be seen as an in-state resident and this allows you to pay less tuition fee.
- You can easily travel in and out of the United States
It is in the American Visa Sponsorship Program that you will be given a Green card with which you obtain permanent status in the United States and you are considered a citizen of the country. With this, you are free to travel in and out of the country without any hassle.
- Less Paperwork
The Visa Lottery program does not need much paperwork. You only get to do some paperwork when you want to renew your Green Card which is done every ten years.
Being able to sponsor immediate family members
Being a green card holder in the United States, you will be free to sponsor your family members and relatives to come stay with you.
- You get to participate in political campaigns
Being a Green Card holder, you are also allowed to be involved in political campaigns and elections in the country.
Eligibility Criteria for the American Visa Sponsorship
To be eligible to apply for the American Visa Sponsorship, you will have to meet certain requirements such as:
You must be from one of eligible countries. The program is done annually and so the status of some countries changes with time. So it is very necessary that you check if your country is eligible or qualifies for the program. However, if you are from a country that doesn’t qualify for the program, it is still possible for you to qualify through some other ways, for example having a spouse or partner that is from a country that qualifies for the program.
Note: If you will be going through this process, both you and your spouse must be named on the selected entry and found eligible and issued diversity visas and enter the United States together.
Eligible Countries For The American Visa Lottery
In this section of this article, we will be listing out the countries that are eligible for the program
List of countries that are eligible for the program:
- East Timor
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Macau Special Administrative Region
- Northern Ireland
- San Marino
- Vatican City
- Central African Republic
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Sao Tome Principe
- Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Equatorial Guinea
- The Gambia,
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
Dependent areas in Great Britain
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- St. Helena
- Caicos Islands.
It is very necessary that you ensure to meet the education and work experience requirements for you to qualify for the program.
Then for the education, you will be required to have either a equivalent to or a high school education and a minimum of two years work experience in an occupation that demands at least two years of training and experience.
How To Apply For The American Visa Sponsorship Program
Thanks to the internet, you do not have to go to any office to register as the American Visa Sponsorship program registration and applications is carried out online and below are some steps you should follow:
- First things first, visit the Department of State website at www.dvprogram.state.gov to start your registration.
- Click on registration or apply button
- Fill in and upload all demanded documents in the right fields.
It is very necessary that you begin your application earlier instead of waiting till the last minutes before starting your application, which by then the website will be crowded and this might lead to some delays, and you might likely miss out.
The application deadline would be after noon on November 7, 2022. Immediately your application has been approved, I advise you check the online portal to confirm your status. To do this, you can use the confirmation number to determine if your application was approved.
The visa interview confirmation will also be sent through an Entry Status Check. All applicants are to keep their confirmation numbers from November 30 until December 31, 2022 whether they were initially on the list or not.
How To Get your Application Approved
Let me give you some tips to get your application approved:
- You must make sure that you have a one profile for any online registration because with this, you can easily defend your profile. Creating multiple profiles will make things difficult and it will be difficult for you to claim your award.
- You must be sure to use accurate details whether for online or offline registration and applications. If you unsure of the information you are using, I advise you check before adding the details to your application.
- Always ensure you ask questions regarding your registration before beginning and make use valid documents. Make sure that you use the recommended document format and size on your application form.
- Carefully follow up your application process from start to finish so as to get approved and be sure to use an active email address for notification.
How To Become A U.S. Citizen
Any Green Card holder who wishes to obtain American citizenship must meet the following requirements and criteria:
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Pass the English test
- Pass the naturalization test (Civic test)
- Must be in the U.S. state or USCIS district for a minimum of three months before the application
- Must have resided in the U.S. as a Green Card holder for a minimum of five years and have spent at least 30 months in the United States within the last five years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does USA have visa lottery?
U.S. Visa Lottery is also called the Green Card Lottery and it allows foreigners to come to the United States every year as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Is the Visa Lottery free?
Yes. The American Visa Lottery is free and the selections are done randomly on the computer. So you will have to check if your application has been approved by going through the official website: www.dvprogram.state.gov/ as you will not be getting any notification. If your application has been approved, you will have to pay a fee but it will be in person at a US embassy or consulate.
- How much is the USA visa lottery fee?
Being an applicant for the American Visa lottery, you will need to pay the Diversity Visa fee which could be around US$330 for a person and it is nonrefundable whether you get a visa or not.
You will have to visit the U.S Department of State website at www.dvprogram.state.gov/ to begin your application process.
Mind you, there are so many fraudulent websites and emails so you should be aware and careful so you don’t fall into the hands of scammers.
- usgreencardoffice.com – Green Card Lottery
- visaplace.com USA Immigration Family Sponsorship
- majority.com – Quick Tips On How To Write A Sponsorship Letter For A U.S. Visa
- techonary.site.com – American Citizenship Immigration Visa Sponsorship Program 2022
- theamericandream.com – Green Card Lottery Results