Government Of Canada Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023-Canada has opened its application doors for the fully funded Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023 with the aim of getting exceptional postgraduate students from all parts of the world. The value of the scholarship is $50,000 per year per recipient for three years during doctoral studies and works with three major selection criteria which are, Academic Excellence, Research Potential, and Leadership.
The Canadian Government created the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to improve Canada’s ability to attract and keep world-class doctoral students so as to make Canada known as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. Vanier Scholars exhibit leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences or engineering and health.
This exceptional kind of Canadian Government Scholarship has a uniquely different method of application and selection. Universities in Canada are given Vanier’s CGS quota under this scholarship. The applicants have to apply to the university and show their willingness to attain a Vanier Canadian Government grant for PhD program. All the selected applicants for this Vanier scholarship in Canada are nominated by the institutions. I advise you to keep reading this article to get all the application process and procedure you need to know so as to avoid any form of misinformation.
About Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) program was created to help Canadian institutions attract highly qualified international doctoral students.
As we said earlier, this Scholarship program (Vanier CGS) was created to attract and keep highly qualified doctoral students and place Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. VCS is targeted at supporting students who exhibit both leadership skills and a high standard in academic achievement for graduate studies in social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and engineering, and health. This scholarship is worth $50,000 every year for three years and can be offered to both Canadian and international PhD students studying at Canadian universities.
All nominated institutions are required to consider diversity in discipline, gender, official language, and citizenship when selecting the applicants to be nominated for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program
The Government of Canada
Fully Funded Scholarships
Universities/institutions in Canada
$50,000 per year for 3 years
Number of Awards
Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually
- The applicants must be a citizen of Canada, permanent residents or foreign student studying in Canada.
- The applicants must be going for PhD program and must be a full-time student of a Canadian institution.
- Applicants must be nominated by the university and that university must be getting the Vainer CGS universities quota.
- Candidates must not be accepting any fellowship or scholarship from any of these three Canadian agencies CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC for any other doctoral program.
- Applicants must have at least a first-class average in the last two years of studies.
- Candidates pursuing joint professional degree programs (MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) are eligible, although, only PhD tenure will be funded.
- Applicants must have a notable research component in the research proposal.
- To apply, you must not be a faculty of the institution which received Vanier quota or any other institution as well. For you as an applicant to be eligible, you must be granted leave for the PhD program from the institution.
- Part-time students will not be eligible since applicants must be a full-time student. The only way an applicant can be reconsidered by the selection team, is if the student has some disability or has to support their family, then the applicant can be enrolled as a part-time student.
- As for part-time students, the two-month study will be considered a one-month study unlike full-time students.
- Employees of the Canadian Federal Government can only be eligible if they will be getting an unpaid leave from the government.
- Eligible candidates can apply for both Vanier and agency-specific PhD scholarships. Although, after selection, if they are selected for more than one scholarship, they will be left to choose one grant.
How to Apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023?
- Applicants can not directly apply to Vanier scholarships 2023.
- To Apply for the scholarship, candidates must first of all apply to the institution which has Vanier’s CGS quota.
- All Candidates must be nominated by the Institution for Vanier scholarship.
- It is very important that the applications be submitted before the submission deadline. However, each institution has a different internal submission date.
- Then the nominating institute will send the nominees to the Vanier CGS program before the closing date.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Application Process
- First of all, candidates must begin the process by researching Canadian institutions through the universities’ Canada website.
- Make sure the Vanier CGS quota for the selected institution.
- Once the first two steps are accomplished, the candidates must complete the application given on the ResearcNet application form, and complete all the necessary steps for the Vanier CGS application in ResearchNet form.
- The required application language can be either English or French.
- Candidates must carefully follow the presentation standards that is given for the documents that should be attached.
- Candidates must meet up with all the mandatory tasks.
- Before submitting candidates must ensure that all application stats are complete.
- After candidates must have submitted the applications to nominating institute, the activity log will move to complete the activity. This application will not be changed in the future.
- If your application is sent back to you on ResearchNet by the institution, it will be sent with a revised date. You can edit your application to correct errors and re-submit it.
- Candidates whose applications are selected for nomination will receive automated email and ResearchNet about acknowledgment.
- Candidates who did not receive any mail can contact the institution for the status of their application.
Required Documents for the Vanier CGS 2023
All applicants must possess all the following documents if they must apply for the Vanier scholarships in Canada.
- A ResearchNet application form.
- Two reference letters.
- A CV/Resume.
- The research contributions are not more than a page.
- A personal statement that entails the leadership qualities of the applicant.
- Two leadership reference letters.
- A research proposal of at most two pages.
- Project preferences of at most five pages.
- Academic proofs, transcripts, certificates.
- Proof of special circumstances in case of a part-time student. The proof should not exceed 0.5 pages.
The deadline to submit an application is May 1st 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was introduced to attract and keep highly exceptional doctoral students from across the world and to give Canada a reputation as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. The scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program is meant to assist world-class students studying doctoral degrees at Canadian universities. The scholarship awards $50,000 every year for three years, and the program is open to both Canadian and international students.
At the end of the process, an average of 15% of applications (or 31% of nominations) will be awarded the scholarship.
Now that the Canadian government has opened the application window for applicants from Canada and other parts of the world to apply for the fully funded Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023, the good news is the Canadian government is now accepting online applications for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, meaning you do not have to go to any office to apply. So if you are an international student that wants to study in Canada, and you meet the eligibility criteria, then you should grab this opportunity and apply for the scholarship and get the chance to enjoy quality education and lots of other opportunities in Canada.
ascholarship.com -Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
scholarshipscorner.com -Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
scholarshipair.com -Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023 for International Student Canada
studygreen.info -Government of Canada Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
scholarships365.info -Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
scholarshipsads.com -Government of Canada Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships